Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Portable



Tweaking.com - Windows Repair is an all-in-one repair tool to help fix a large majority of known Windows problems including registry errors and file permissions as well as issues with Internet Explorer, Windows Update, Windows Firewall and more. Malware and installed programs can modify your default settings. With Tweaking.com - Windows Repair you can restore Windows original settings.
  • Reset Registry Permissions
  • Reset File Permissions
  • Register System Files
  • Repair WMI
  • Repair Windows Firewall
  • Repair Internet Explorer
  • Repair MDAC & MS Jet
  • Repair Hosts File
  • Remove Policies Set By Infections
  • Repair Icons
  • Repair Winsock & DNS Cache
  • Remove Temp Files
  • Repair Proxy Settings
  • Unhide Non-System Files
  • Repair Windows Updates
  • and more...
-----

Thanks to The Hidden 2000 for the medicine.



More Info:
http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html

8 comments:

  1. In Win Repair Pro, according to me, the block.bat is not correct. It writes 2 lines only, not 5. I have corrected it and seems ok, I tested it in Win 10 x64 (run as admin)

    @echo off
    SET NEWLINE=^& echo.
    FIND /C /I "0.0.0.0 www.tweaking.com" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
    IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO %NEWLINE%^0.0.0.0 www.tweaking.com>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
    FIND /C /I "0.0.0.0 server.pg01.com" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
    IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO %NEWLINE%^0.0.0.0 server.pg01.com>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
    FIND /C /I "127.0.0.1 www.tweaking.com" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
    IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO %NEWLINE%^127.0.0.1 www.tweaking.com>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
    FIND /C /I "127.0.0.1 tweaking.com" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
    IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO %NEWLINE%^127.0.0.1 tweaking.com>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
    FIND /C /I "0.0.0.0 tweaking.com" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
    IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO %NEWLINE%^0.0.0.0 tweaking.com>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope FG isn't reading this post, he would never tamper with system files. Not proppa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe 2 new lines are needed in block.bat

    FIND /C /I "127.0.0.1 update.tweaking.com" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

    IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO %NEWLINE%^127.0.0.1 update.tweaking.com>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The included .bat file worked fine for me. Using a firewall is more portable-friendly since it doesn't require modifying a system file.

      Delete
    2. Maybe my problem but if I close the app (tray) and restart it, I see FREE

      Delete
  4. Thanks. Do you think we might get the Pro version sometime ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe but I can't make it until someone creates a working fix for this version. I will add last working Pro portable to the post.

      Delete