Here is PortableWares' build of PortableApps.com Installer and PortableApps.com Launcher Generator. I also included his build of NSIS.
- You have to edit PortableApps.comLauncher.nsi in PortableApps.comLauncher\Other\Source.
- I did it this way to reduce variables, and appinfo.ini error if it's encoded in Unicode.
- There are other fixes... such as if user is not Admin.. PAF fails to read/write to the registry, etc.
- You have to edit PortableApps.comInstaller.nsi in PortableApps.comInstaller\App\installer.
- This gives more control.. but you'll have to research NSIS ..
First: monitor program with installation monitor (such as Total Uninstall, SysTracer).Second: see what the settings are used by program (registry or files and folders).Third: backup the settings by editing the source in Function Init and restore settings from portable folder.Fourth: restore the settings by editing the source in Function Close save settings to portable folder.
So... would be like this:Before app launched:launcher would backup settings, ex: registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/MyProg => HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/MyProg-BackupByMyProgPortable, ex: folders: %appdata%\MyProg => %appdata%\MyProg-BackupByMyProgPortableand restore settings from (\Data).
Launcher would execute main exe of program and wait until program closed by user.
After program closed:launcher would restore backuped settings HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/MyProg-BackupByMyProgPortable => HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/MyProg, ex: folders: %appdata%\MyProg-BackupByMyProgPortable => %appdata%\MyProgand save settings to portable folder (\Data) so if you change to another computer, settings are kept.